This week, I decided to share ways you can use leftovers from some of my other recipes. Tuesday, I published Cheese-Stuffed Roasted Red Pepper Chicken which was made with leftover Roasted Red Pepper Sauce. Today’s post is Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry that can quickly and easily be made with leftover Teriyaki Chicken from my Pineapple Swiss & Insta-Pot Teriyaki Chicken Sliders.
But I also had another motive for wanting to make the Teriyaki Chicken again. I
The most viewed and pinned recipe on Grub Delite is the Pineapple Swiss & Insta-Pot Teriyaki Chicken Sliders. Pinterest has certainly helped spread the recipe. But a few weeks ago when I was on vacation, I couldn’t believe my eyes when Weight Watchers commented on my Instagram post for the recipe, asking if they could share it on their Instagram account. Of course, I didn’t mind and I eagerly replied that!
Once Weight Watchers shared the sliders picture and linked to the recipe, the same question kept popping up in the comments. How can you make these in the Slow-Cooker?
Aunt Karen also casually reminded me that she does not have an Insta-Pot, only a Slow-Cooker.
So this week I tested making the Teriyaki Chicken in the Slow-Cooker and it turned out just as good. The original recipe has been updated to include Slow-Cooker instructions. I’ve learned my lesson and will add those instructions to all Insta-Pot recipes going forward.
Since it makes about 4 cups of Teriyaki Chicken, I had enough for two dinners: the sliders and this easy Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry that I share with you today.
First, heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the frozen cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until the cauliflower is heated through and any moisture in the pan disappears.
Halfway through the cauliflower cook time, start making the stir-fry. Heat 1/2 tsp of olive oil and 1/4 tsp of sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups of thawed stir-fry veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
Add 2 cups of Teriyaki Chicken and stir until chicken is warmed.
Put 1 cup of the Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry on top of 3/4 cups of cauliflower rice. Garnish with green onions and serve with soy sauce and Sriracha, if desired.
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
Weight Watchers = 4 Freestyle Points
- 12 oz package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups Teriyaki Chicken
- 2 tbsp green onions, sliced
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add frozen cauliflower rice to pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is thoroughly heated and moisture has disappeared.
- About halfway through the cauliflower cook time, heat olive oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups of thawed stir-fry veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring often. Add 2 cups of Teriyaki Chicken and stir until chicken is warmed.
- Put 1 cup of the Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry on top of 3/4 cups of cauliflower rice. Garnish with green onions and serve with soy sauce and Sriracha, if desired.
One Reply to “Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry”
Amazing! Keep this coming, Rachel! You have a gift.